Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not the best start to my blogging world!

Mmmmm, I honestly dont know how you guys all do it!!

I have been wanting to find the time to post something since I arrived back from Melbourne a week ago but I swear the clocks have been on fast forward. It took me over 3 days just to get on top of the emails that had accumulated over the 5 days I was away and then there were the hours of one on one clients booked in with me, the costumes, orders, music, food, sleep, work, animals, blah, blah, blah....... I think you get the picture.

Speak of pictures, would you believe I hardly got any from my trip away. I do tend to forget to use the camera that lives in my pocket when at shows. I am more worried about making sure the girls are all dressed properly and networking with everyone that I forget to take my happy snaps!! How slack am I ?? So - if anyone (and yes Lia, that includes you) has any shots they would like me to include in my new gallery pages of the new and soon to be published "Style on Stage" website I would be very grateful!

On the home and studio front, I got a phone call from the company that are custom making my studio's waiting room chairs. They are all finished and ready to pick up. Since the shop fittings arent quite ready to be installed I have decided to leave the chairs until our new lounge in finished. Would you believe I am 2 days off my 43rd birthday and this is the first lounge suite I have ever purchased. I am deadly serious!! In probably around 2 weeks time we will have a brand new couch to go with our brand new TV (which I have managed to sit and watch something on maybe three times in the past 2 months) - how very very exciting!! We are slowly getting our house where we want it. Once the new studio is completely finished and my sewing moves into the front room we will then have 2 entire rooms to use as our formal lounge and another off the kitchen which will be our sun room/informal eating area.



The newest addition to our family is settling in nicely. We bought an old goat the other week to keep Anna (our angora goat) company. Anna has been living on our acreage for at least 7-8 years, maybe longer for all we know, and most of that time she has been alone. So here we are, the worlds biggest suckers, putting ads in the local paper for a friend for our old goat... and we got replies!! So Claire is the latest additon - she is a bit skittish but totally food orientated (most of us can relate to that - lol) but we will have her tamed in no time!

Now ladies, if you are still pondering over ordering a suit from me for the shows at the end of this year you had better get a move on. The first shows of the new season are starting up at the end of August/ beginning of September and I am getting close to booked out. I am getting 2-3 orders for bikinis every day at the moment, bringing numbers up to well over 50+. Now can someone please let me know why I keep telling girls i can come up with a new design for them..... talk about pressure!! But seriously, that is what i love doing most and thrive with the challenge to come up with bigger and better designs every week! Makes for a few sleepless nights - but hey, I have worked out that sleep is highly overrated and you can survive on 3 hours a night (mind you, at some stage you come crashing back to earth with an almighty thud).

There will be a brand new Natural Bodybuilding Magazine coming out shortly - and guess how has been approached to submit articles - yep.. that would be me!! So if anyone has any news or candid shots they would like considered then please by all means send them through to me!! I will keep you posted as to the title of the mag and when the first issue will be available.

The INBA All Female DVD is nearly ready for purchase. If anyone is interested in ordering a copy please email me at jorogers@styleonstage.com.au . The dvd will be posted out as soon as editing and post production has been completed!

I am sure I have forgotten all the important things to include in this post - but it is getting late and I have a pile of bikinis to work on this evening. To all the girls that competed at the All Female show I would like to say 'congratulations' regardless of placings. I was so proud of all my clients, and feel very special seeing everyone up on stage in my Style on Stage creations. Thank you for trusting in me!

Have an awesome night guys and I will try (very hard) to blog a little more regularly !!

2 comments:

Cheryl D said...

Just wanted to say thanks again for the great chat over dinner in Melbourne. You really put my mind back into the game and got me excited about training and changing. Your a star!

Vegan-Diva said...

Hey Cheryl, awesome to see you aren't just stalking anymore!! I am glad I was able to help motivate you and ignite that fire in your belly to get back up on stage! Please keep in contact!

jo