Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another year older!

Firstly, thank you to everyone that took the time to wish me a happy birthday. It meant heaps to receive messages from you all - but what was more amazing was the number of people that contacted me and wished me a happy birthday through facebook... blew me away!
No doubt you are wondering what sort of a day I had - well, it started off ok - Allison had to leave home early for work so she wished me a happy birthday in the morning and I got ready for the first clients of the day. I ended up working from 9.30am through till Evette finished at 6pm, then it was a mad rush to get the dogs and goats fed before Allison came home with dinner. We have this amazing restaurant not too far (nothing is close when you live in Jimboomba - lol) called the Magic Wok. It is a vegan chinese restaurant and if you didnt know the meat wasnt meat ... well, I am sure you get the idea. We had satay "chicken", bbq buns and curry puffs for entree then lemon "chicken", mongolian "beef" and crispy salt and pepper tofu for mains - very scrummy!!

I did get to open my pressies before we ate though.... and how spoilt am I.

My first present was from my furry kiddies (many thanks to Allison for going to the effort). I have been wanting a copy of each of the posters in a series that supports and advertises Greyhound Adoption. She spent ages ringing around finding out exactly who distributes the posters as we have seen them at the RSPCA superstore, our vets as well as a few other various places. As it turned out one of the representatives lives just over the highway from us!! So I have 2 posters to go in my studio waiting room - not at all figure orientated but they will hopefully make someone consider a greyhound for a pet!

My second and third pressies where cool - a letter saying my car is booked in at WOW on Tuesday morning to have new stereo speakers installed, the third pressie takes us up to Southbank on Tuesday (after the car has been dropped off) to see the Picasso Collection!! I cant wait now for Tueday to come around. I have been wanting to go to view these masters for ages now!

Allison purchased my next present on a whim - mainly because it was pink than any other reason.... for what other colour is there to have for a coffee machine?? Anyway we have decided to return my Delonghi 'Nespresso' machine on Tuesday for something a little more mainstream and practical. My biggest concern with appliances like this that use 'pods'or other gimmicks is that it becomes obsolete when the little pods are no longer produced - and if i am going to get a coffee machine I want to use the coffee of my choice - and not be limited to set flavours or types!

So - it comes to my main present (and most of you may already be saying "gee, isnt that enough!) - specially boxed and handed to me very carefully........ inside layers of newspaper, bubblewrap and wadding are two of the most exquisite OOAK faeries you have ever seen. Now, those of you that know me well know I have a passion (some would say more of an obsession) with fairies and such and will understand how precious these two additions to my family are (and I know Lia will be absolutely green!!) but they are truly two of the most beautiful things, absolutely unique and made with so much love and tenderness. The photo doesnt do them justice but you might get an idea.

So to finish the night we ate our lovely dinner, sat together and watched a little TV before one tired, old 43 year old had to go to bed! With 10 hours of One on One posing booked in for the following day I couldn't stay up any longer.

I had a wonderful day and feel very loved with all my online friends thinking of me - so thank you for making my special day so special!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're stunning and yes I'm green with envy. You lucky lucky girl. You seriously need to make a feary garden for them all to play in.

I'll email photos through for you this evening from the all females. Are you want just any shots or just girls in your costumes?

Luv Lia xxx

Vegan-Diva said...

Hey Lia, Allison and I were only discussing how we will display them. At the moment they are on her piano but need a very special home - one worthy of their regal standing!! I will also be keeping my eye out for more from the same lady, she does the most amazing job with them.

As for the pics, send through what you like -but definitely pics of costumes and maybe some line-ups. I will add a credit note under each of yours like I have done with Dallas' shots of both Minnie and Lindy on my gallery page.

Spoke to Lindy this afternoon. Heard about Dallas's camera, didnt know about that - how suckful is that!!!!!! Some people......

Have a great night - give your mum a special hug from me (and get her to give you one from me!)

Shar said...

Hey Jo
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! it sounds like you had a very special day! with lots of special gifts.

I grew up with greyhounds, we had a small kennel block and used to rescue them.
Always had a couple as pets in the house too, they make great pets.

Speak soon
Shar x

Vegan-Diva said...

Hi Shar, Ohhh I love you even more now knowing you like greyhounds. I have my second one now - the first died of cancer a few years back - he was my big boy - 45kg monster!! Jak, my current one isnt quite as big at 36kg, but still bigger than most GH's. I believe that greyhounds are big dogs in a cats body - lol - all they do is sleep and yes, they do make the most awesome pets. They need so little excercise (much to everyones amazement) and are so gentle and loving!!

And thanks heaps for the birthday wishes... still got another day or special stuff but then that is it for another year :(

Hope you are well!