Saturday, November 1, 2008

OMG - it's nearly over!!

What a year!!!!

I have one single solitary suit needed for a lady heading over to the USA this week to finish and then I can honestly let out that huge sigh of relief!!

Not to say my work for the year is over - far from it. I have already started working with some new clients preparing for 2009 shows and have fittings for bikinis wanted for shows in March to arrange and make and decorate. On top of that I have to finish the new look Style on Stage website - which is very very time consuming - as well as a few new ventures that are currently uncompleted. The first I have just announced on a new Facebook Group and already have a good number of 'groupies' - lol

Say hello to "DIVA Consignments" an online store for you to buy and sell unwanted or pre loved competition apparell - including bikinis, one piece suits, shoes, fitness outfits and dresses (suitable for sportsmodels). The website is under construction but that doesn't mean you can't contact me to lodge your interest if you have something you would like to sell. I will be getting a new blog for this as well and Allison and I will be working on all the 'legalities' over the next week, including pricing, contracts etc. The site will be open to any suits that are in good condition and are clean - I am able to repair or replace any lost crystals to help bring the sale price up if neccessary (a small cost will apply of course) and am able to supply a cleaning service if you are apprehensive about doing it yourself.

So what is next you may ask...... I have another surprise that will be revealed in the near future but this one will take me a little longer to develop completely. So be patient and hopefully some of you will take advantage of my new venture!!

I am hoping to work out dates for Get Ready 2009 and will be updating the current site with new venues and weekends. If you would like Get Ready to visit your location just let me know so I can see if it is a viable option. Minimum numbers will apply for each workshop to make the trip/s a success so start seeing who else would be interested!!

On the home front, Allison has just done the BEST DEAL at our local 'good guys' store - she can do all my shopping from now on!! She has just purchase the air condition for my studio (and it is a big airconditioner), our new dishwasher, a pedastal fan and a breadmaker - with extended warranty - all for under $2000 - WHAT A BARGAIN!! The breadmaker is coming home with her this afternoon while the other items are being delivered next week. Just have to get someone to instal the dishwasher and airconditioner now !!

Hopefully my next post will include pics from the ANB show last weekend - and what a show that was!! 204 competitors run over 2 days. How proud am I of the following Style on Stage clients - Michelle Goodall won her second women's physique overall title and over 52kg women's physique while Vicky Thomas won masters figure 35+ , Donna Baillie won masters figure 45+, Angela Tsourgos won figure tall class and Fern Purturiero won the under 52kg women's physique class - heaps of other SOS clients placed top three, but regardless of placings just getting to compete at this level is awesome and I am proud of every single one of them!!

I had better race off - still got 3 loads of washing to finish as well as this one piece suit to complete. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I look forward to the opportunity to post more regularly now (at least for a while).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Jo So good to hear you are accomplishing many things. I am still intertested in the g we discussed for march let me know if you think we can work something out either at my yahoo address jeweljasmine@gmail.com or work email (yahoo prob best !)

Splice said...

Great to see you come up for air :-)
Your new venture sounds exciting and I can't wait to hear more about it.
I also will be taking advantage of Diva Consignments as I doubt I will be able to fit into my bikini's anymore :-(
But at least I can look forward to a new one for next year.
It was lovely seeing you the other day and I hope to catch up early next year.
Deb xxx

Raechelle said...

Hey Jo! just wanted to say thanks for the great job you did on my comp outfit-fit perfectly on comp day! I'll be looking into the Diva consignments as I don't plan to compete again...once was enough for me!
Cheers and good luck with your future plans.

Tara said...

Hiya Jo, so good to see the pace settle a bit for you my dear. I have already said it to you many times, but really can't thank you enough for your magical bikini creation!! It is amazing. I really am looking forward to seeing what you create for me this coming year. Must have a look at the diary and try to schedule in some posing practice at some point too. Enjoy the new aircon, oh and especially enjoy the bread maker!! nothing much beats freshly made bread :o)

Take care, Talk soon. Tara xxx

ss2306 said...

Hooray - you're back to blogging!

So glad you had a fabulous season Jo. It will be so nice for you to now be able to stop and smell the roses for a bit.

Ooowww another surprise - I luurrvvee suprises!

Hoping you and Al are having a fabulous weekend.

Luv Shelley

Sam D-M said...

Hi Jo,

Been a while since I chatted with you. I hope you will be revealing that suprise soon! I am not very patient LOL.

Have been contemplating a comp in a year or so, have a bikini idea I have held onto for over a year now. Would love to see you bring it to fruicion :)

New website sounds like a fabulous idea!

Sam